Having graduated from college, I've decided to set out on an adventure: a year in Bulgaria. I'll be teaching English at a city in central Bulgaria, and I'll be travelling as much as possible. Stop by for updates!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Playin' Around

I had the privilege and the honor of directing a play at my school this year. After choosing Shakespeare’s Much Ado about Nothing, the best play in the whole world, I located a shortened script and then spent several days modernizing the language to make it more understandable for my students. Through months of hard work, my cast was incredible and fun to work with. Despite the chronic absences caused by heavy work loads, illness, and absent mindedness, we managed to put on a spectacular production, and I was proud to be their director. We had our cast party last night (over three weeks after the show ended…), and it was really hard to let go of the show and admit that it was finally over. I am thrilled that I had a chance to work with these amazing young men and women, and I pray that they continue performing English theater productions after I leave. I can’t believe I’m leaving.

Flat Amanda during rehearsals

Don Pedro, Claudio, and Leonato on opening night

Margaret and Hero teasing Beatrice, opening night

Dogberry and Verges flattering Leonato, opening night

Conrad and Borachio before the Sexton, opening night

The final wedding scene; opening night

Cast party!

No comments:

Post a Comment