Having graduated from college, I've decided to set out on an adventure: a year in Bulgaria. I'll be teaching English at a city in central Bulgaria, and I'll be travelling as much as possible. Stop by for updates!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Hangin' with Some Awesome Ladies

I went to visit my friend Laura Y in Shumen the first weekend in June. Hillary met us there, and we spent two days wandering Shumen, climbing all over the monument (which is at the top of 1400 torturous steps), and going out to a dance club. Then, we took an hour long bus ride to the sea side to visit Olivia, Katie, and Keith in Varna. The six of us went out for dinner and spent the night hanging out and saying our goodbyes since Katie and Keith leave in just a few more days. It is the first of many goodbyes to come, and it was difficult to reconcile myself to the knowledge that it's just about over. It doesn't feel like it's over. It feels like I just got here. Where on earth did this year go???

Hillary and I touching the hoof of the Khan's horse for luck

The statues on the Shumen Monument look like Transformers. They are SOOOO cool.

We also explored some caves while up on the monument. They led to some incredible views.

I'm going to miss these ladies!

Climbing down the 1400 steps. Way easier than climbing up!

Hillary telling a story to Katie and Laura at dinner. We were on a pirate ship in Varna. It happens. :)

Weird demon birds circling the church in Varna

No comments:

Post a Comment