Having graduated from college, I've decided to set out on an adventure: a year in Bulgaria. I'll be teaching English at a city in central Bulgaria, and I'll be travelling as much as possible. Stop by for updates!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lounging in Lovech

I spent last weekend in the little town of Lovech in northern Bulgaria. My friend, Dena, lives there, and she invited us up for a small party before the end of our grants. In addition to being an adorable little town, Lovech is one of the sites where Vassil Levski planned the Bulgarian uprising against the Ottoman Empire, and it is also home to a medieval fortress. Being a site attached to Levski, Lovech has a giant Levski statue along with a Levski Museum. We visited both as well as the fortress and a nineteenth century home that you can tour. Then, we all had dinner and did a lot of talking and catching up. I have one more weekend here in Stara Zagora. I head to Sofia in one week and one day and then two days after that, I head home. In ten days, July 1, I will be safely back home in the Quad Cities hanging up my adventuring cape for awhile. Not for too long, though, I hope!

Levski and Me

The fortress

Pledging my oath to Levski at the Levski Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment