Having graduated from college, I've decided to set out on an adventure: a year in Bulgaria. I'll be teaching English at a city in central Bulgaria, and I'll be travelling as much as possible. Stop by for updates!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mommy and Daddy!!

Mom and dad finally made it out to Bulgaria on May 13, just in time to watch Much Ado about Nothing. The morning after the show, I took them out to the Black Sea for several days of surf and sand. We decided to focus on relaxing, eating, and wandering the twisted alleys of Old Town Sozopol for several days. No intense running around on this vacation. After returning from the Sea, we spent three lovely days in Stara Zagora, and I showed my parents all of the important sights. They got to see the History Museum, the Roman Forum and Ampitheater, several of the parks, the art shops, and the long pedestrian walkway of cafes. We spent a lot of time just sitting around, drinking coffee, and catching up. I didn’t realize how much I missed my parents until I had them here to talk to and then had to put them back on a plane and say goodbye. While I’m sad about leaving and know that I will miss this place greatly, I am looking forward to getting back to my family again. I miss those crazy fools.

Having lunch at a seaside cafe in Sozopol


The view from our cafe

Playing pool at our hotel. Mom and dad kicked my friend Ellen and my butt.

Cutest family in the whole world

My parents in the ruins of the old church in Sozopol

On the way back from Sozopol, we stopped at the Malinov Brothers Winery to pick up some Cycle Wine. Ellen and I asked for a picture since we love this wine!

At the Regional History Museum in Stara Zagora, there was a display on puppetry.

My mommy and I beside the roses in the Roman Forum

My parents in the Roman Forum on their last day in Stara Zagora

No comments:

Post a Comment