Having graduated from college, I've decided to set out on an adventure: a year in Bulgaria. I'll be teaching English at a city in central Bulgaria, and I'll be travelling as much as possible. Stop by for updates!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Merry Christmas, Bulgaria!

I'm back in Bulgaria! After a very tense three days in which my flight home was repeatedly cancelled, I managed to make it home on Christmas Day for a lovely bit of relaxation and Christmas fun with my family and boyfriend. And of course, most importantly, I got to spend several days with my nephew, who is already spoiled beyond belief. But, he's super duper adorable and is thus forgiven. It was really great to be able to spend some time with my family. As much as I joke about loving to be away from them, I miss them like crazy when I'm gone!

I claim this gift as my own! This nail gun is mine!

Hi, Auntie Lala!

Mark and I also made a quick trip up to Minocqua, Wisconsin to visit his grandparents. And by quick trip, I mean we drove sixteen hours in three days. It was a lot of driving, but we had a good time. And I can't wait to see my own grandparents next summer. I miss you guys!

Mark and I outside the Cave of the Mounds

Now I'm back in Bulgaria. I am staying in the capital for a week because there are some cases of Hepatitis A in the city where I teach. Nothing to worry about, but just to play it safe, I've been advised to stay in the capital for a week while things work themselves out. So, I'm going to hang out with friends and relax a bit while getting all of my plans in place for the spring. I hope you all had the merriest of Christmases. Much love from Bulgaria!

No comments:

Post a Comment