Having graduated from college, I've decided to set out on an adventure: a year in Bulgaria. I'll be teaching English at a city in central Bulgaria, and I'll be travelling as much as possible. Stop by for updates!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

An American Kind of Day

After going to the Kukeri festival, I headed over to the Park Mall. It was my first visit to this mall. Stara has two, and one of them is right next to my apartment. I've never had reason to venture over to the other one, Park Mall, until last week.


But I couldn't resist heading over to the mall to try out the ice skating rink before it closes this week.


The Stara Zagora outdoor ice skating rink

I got all booted up in my skates, which looked a lot like roller blades with actual blades instead of wheels. I hadn't been skating in years, and I was a bit nervous but excited at the same time.

Looking all cute and ready to skate.

After several times around the ice holding onto the wall and getting my ice legs back, I was able to skate in slow circles for the rest of my skating session. By the time I was done, my feet hurt from where the arch support hit me in the wrong spot, my shins and calves ached from the exercise, and my core was sore from repeatedly having to stabilize the rest of my body to prevent falling. But I was really, really happy. I had a great time, and I felt like I was back home again.

To make myself feel really at home, I even had a cheeseburger for dinner. I never eat McDonald's, but it seemed to fit my American kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment