Having graduated from college, I've decided to set out on an adventure: a year in Bulgaria. I'll be teaching English at a city in central Bulgaria, and I'll be travelling as much as possible. Stop by for updates!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Madrid and Sevilla

It’s been a hectic couple of weeks, and I have so much to catch up on! I’ll go ahead and put all of my Spain trip into one post. I went to Spain the first week of April for the second week of spring break. I met my friends Laura Y and Ellen in Madrid, and we spent five days there. Then, Ellen flew back to Bulgaria, and Laura and I went to Sevilla for two days before following Ellen to Bulgaria. We were in Sevilla for my birthday, and I got to see a flamenco show on my birthday! Madrid was mostly a blur of lots of walking and art museums. I managed to see a ton of Picasso, de Goya, and Dali among numerous other artists. I even saw a few paintings by Titian and Rubens! In Sevilla, Laura and I moseyed through the streets enjoying the warm sunshine and the fragrance of blossoming orange trees. It was amazing. I now know what paradise smells like. There is a cathedral in Sevilla along with the royal palace the Real Alcazar (not real, ray-all, which is Spanish for royal). The contracts for the conquistadores who conquered the new world were drawn up in rooms in the Real Alcazar. It also boasts an amazing series of gardens. All in all, it was an absolutely incredible trip! I will try to post about my Easter in Bulgaria and my trip to Melnik, the most famous wine growing region in Bulgaria, sometime this week!


Ellen, me, Laura Y. Dinner our first night in Madrid. So yummy!

Open air market in Madrid. So much yummy food!!

In the Plaza Mayor

Reenacting scenes from Pocahontas in the Royal Botanical Gardens

The Reina Sofia (art museum)

El Guernica, Picasso

The Prado (art museum)

Boating on a man made pond

With Victoria, a friend of Laura's, in the Bohemian District

In Sevilla

Flamenco show on my birthday. The lady is dancing, the man in the middle is singing, and the man on the right is playing guitar.

Laura and I at the flamenco show

The Cathedral in Sevilla

The Real Alcazar

In the gardens of the Real Alcazar

No comments:

Post a Comment